The Body of the Club
Toastmasters is a non-profit organization focused on developing public speaking and leadership skills. Through our many clubs across the globe, we help people to gain confidence and practise speaking before an audience.
The Melbourne University Toastmasters
Melbourne University Toastmasters is the Toastmasters member club of UniMelb. We welcome students from all faculties and educational levels, and we welcome non-student members as well.
Toastmasters International (TI) Membership
Toastmasters International Membership allows you to engage in public speaking opportunities within and beyond the club. Within the club, you can practise as a planned speaker. You will further get to develop yourself through the professional development framework it offers.
Joining a meeting
We are currently hosting all of our meetings online. Under normal circumstances, we meet at the University.
Here are a few pointers on how we could all participate to make the most of our meetings:
- Join us on time.
- Here are our Zoom details for now:
- Zoom Link: https://tinyurl.com/mutmmeeting
- Meeting ID: 774 620 1109
- Password: 390165
- Please remember to “Mute” yourself when you are not speaking.
- Relax and enjoy our meeting!
- Throughout the meeting, all members with a meeting role explain their role.
- Planned Speech: 2-3 TI members deliver a speech they have pre-planned.
- Round Robin: Our Toastmaster asks you everyone a question that aligns with the meeting theme.
- Club Business: We discuss upcoming events, club maintenance and future plans.
- Table Topics: Our Table Topic Master asks willing participants to deliver impromptu speeches.
- Evaluation: The General/Speech/Table Topic evaluators share their feedback on meeting role-holders, planned speakers and Table Topic speakers.